Idle Surges! - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

Welcome to LS1LT1.com/LS3forums.com - please click here to register...

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

Idle Surges!

Ok guys, after a few months I got my engine back in my car. It's an LT1 in a 1995 Formula. Stock tuning. However, it's got completely rebuilt internals and a new cc305 cam and springs. The problem I'm having is the same as before. The engine surges, feels quite rough at idle, and occassionally there is a noise that sounds like either something is seizing up or the starter is trying to engage. I'm starting to believe my starter is not fully disegaging or perhaps an arc is occurring between the power and silinoid wire. Anyway, I took a log while the car was running. The IAC is very high, compared to an old log when the car was running a couple years ago. And the IAC fluctuates up and down. The MAP seems high as well, but after reading the log, it is near identical numbers to the original engine configuration log, except when the IAC fluctuates, the MAP fluctuates as well. Sometimes above .5, when it should be around .3 to .34. I need to figure out why the idle is fluctuating so much. It may just have something to do with the new cam, but I've looked at files from tuners using the cc305 cam, and their timing charts are identical to stock. Give me some ideas what to look for, please!

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 06:28 AM
Global Moderator

If you look in the sticky threads of this section there is a cam selection guide which states your cc305 has idle surge as standard equipment with it. You do need to retune your pcm for the cam your using now. Have pcm retuned then see how she runs and compare to stock data logs.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

I don't know why, but everything started up and ran fine today. Haven't touched anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement