Question P0400 help - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

Welcome to LS1LT1.com/LS3forums.com - please click here to register...

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 02:44 AM Thread Starter

P0400 help

Hey, I'm new to this forum but i've been working on my LT1 for about 2 years.

I started out with 4 codes, but from searching through multiple forums I was able to alleviate all but P0400.

I have pacer mid tube headers with all the EGR and AIR hook ups, catco cats, custom sweet thunder cat-back

Replaced the EGR solenoid, EGR Valve gasket and vacuum lines, and cleaned the EGR valve. I've read pretty much everything there is pertaining to p0400 and the LT1 that I can find and haven't found a definitive answer yet.

Another thing, is the new EGR valve at Autozone one of the Low backpressure valves that they were replacing at the dealers during the recall or the same high backpressure model originally installed in 96 OBDII fcars?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation

No help? I removed the battery terminals and held them together, resetting the computer, but 80 miles later, the light came back on and it was P0400 again.
I need an inspection, but i can't pass with this light/code.

1996 Camaro Z28 M6 Convertable
K&N FPIK, SLP elbow, airfoil, Midtubes, free flow cats, sweet thunder, PRO 5.0 shifter, '94 ZR1 wheels w/ nitto 555r
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 02:02 PM

I have seen high-flow cats do this in the past, including on my '90 Cadillac.

There may be a way around it in the tune, but I'm sure it would require repeated tries to see what works.

The other option is to have that code's error reporting disabled in the tune.

I can do either of those for you, just email me if you want to discuss it further!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement