Discuss Injector Install - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

Welcome to LS1LT1.com/LS3forums.com - please click here to register...

LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums
Presented by:

New User? Register
LS1 Forums Register Photo Gallery Tech/FAQ Members List Calendar Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
Premium Membership Videos Perf Tools Mobile/iPhone Link to Us! Social Groups Follow LS1LT1 on Twitter

Go Back   LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums > Engine Tech > LT1 | LT4 | L99 Engine Tech

LS1LT1.com is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2009, 01:36 PM   #1

michael66 user's tech expertise is unknown at this point
Default Injector Install

I am about to install some ls6 injectors on my lt1 and was wondering if the o-rings need some dielectric grease or anything on them to help them seal. I was thinking it would probably ease the install and keep them from drying out as fast also. I know someone else has done injectors so give me some tips!!!
RED 1995 PONTIAC TRANS AM, BORLA EXHAUST, PACESETTER MID-TUBE HEADERS, DYNOMAX BULLET IN CAT'S PLACE, 52MM PORTED THROTTLE BODY, FORD RACING BLUE TOP 24LB. INJECTORS, PORTED MAF, 1.6 COMP ROLLER ROCKERS, MSD 6 BOX, MSD COIL, MSD CAP, NGK TR55 PLUGS, MOROSO BLUE MAX 8MM WIRES, 2500 rpm CUSTOM PTC STALL, DERALE TRANS PAN, B&M TRANS COOLER,TRE 255LPH FUEL PUMP, LS1 VOLANT TRI-Y RAM AIR INTAKE, LS1 STYLE WS-6 RAM AIR HOOD,HYPERCOILS LOWERING SPRINGS,17X9 17X11 ZR1 WHEELS
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2009, 01:43 PM   #2

My Facebook
LSX427 user's tech expertise is unknown at this point

i didnt think they would fit. i thought they were to tall or short ...or something. there was a post awhile back about this. maybe im wrong i dunno. something about the fuelrail... goodluck tho.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:16 PM   #3
Administrator

03slowZ06 Apprentice Level Tech III
Send a message via Yahoo to 03slowZ06

They will fit. I have gone round and round about this. The LS2's injectors are shorter but can be made to fit.

And yes I use a lithium grease on the o-rings. Oil will work to.

Also you will need to tune for the increase in fuel also.
drivers side is a dream....passenger side on the other hand...i lost 2 screwdrivevers and a socket when i chucked them in the woods

u can do it

I am permanently banned from all petting zoo's for getting to friendly
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-29-2009, 03:47 PM   #4

My Facebook
95formula847 has never heard

oil as in engine oil can be used?

95 Formula Firebird
Centerforce DF clutch & pro 5.0 shifter
full exhaust, blaster coil, 4.10s t/a cover
13.6 @ 104 with just catback (prev. owner)
Old 03-29-2009, 04:07 PM   #5
Administrator

Yes. Good ole 5w-30 or what ever you use. Its simply a lube to ease install.
drivers side is a dream....passenger side on the other hand...i lost 2 screwdrivevers and a socket when i chucked them in the woods

u can do it

Old 03-29-2009, 05:59 PM   #6

Thanks for the info. I figured they needed something. How about the old debate about them being the same size as the lt-1 injectors??? Racetronix says they are 28lb and all injectors are rated at 3-bar, even though the lsX runs at 4-bar. I need to know before I get a tune. I have an extra pcm and will probably send it to someone. Has anyone used those guys off of ebay for a tune and if so how did that work out??? I have a hypertech, but I don't think that will help. Can they (hypertech) make a custom tune for you??? Also will it be drivable until i get the pcm back? Will it just be real rich??
RED 1995 PONTIAC TRANS AM, BORLA EXHAUST, PACESETTER MID-TUBE HEADERS, DYNOMAX BULLET IN CAT'S PLACE, 52MM PORTED THROTTLE BODY, FORD RACING BLUE TOP 24LB. INJECTORS, PORTED MAF, 1.6 COMP ROLLER ROCKERS, MSD 6 BOX, MSD COIL, MSD CAP, NGK TR55 PLUGS, MOROSO BLUE MAX 8MM WIRES, 2500 rpm CUSTOM PTC STALL, DERALE TRANS PAN, B&M TRANS COOLER,TRE 255LPH FUEL PUMP, LS1 VOLANT TRI-Y RAM AIR INTAKE, LS1 STYLE WS-6 RAM AIR HOOD,HYPERCOILS LOWERING SPRINGS,17X9 17X11 ZR1 WHEELS
Old 03-29-2009, 09:33 PM   #7
Administrator

They are 28#'s. Dont use any ebay stuff or Hypertech. Call trifecta. They can do a custom tune for all the mods you have done.

u can do it

Old 03-29-2009, 09:36 PM   #8
Administrator

Also you are going to have to finish the grove around the top of the injector for the clip to fit right. Once you start lining everything up you will see what I mean. Its the grove right above the original grove used for the LS6's clips. It lowers the injector alittle more for a better fit into the intake.

u can do it

Old 03-29-2009, 09:53 PM   #9

Yeah read about the grooves. Just finish making them all the way around or do you need to make it bigger??? most people used a dremel. i will probably use a hacksaw blade or something so i can go about it a little slower and see what i am doing. seems like a dremel would melt the plastic. Also are my stock connectors going to clip in there good? i assume it is the same connector. Why havent all the other lt-1 guys figured out the ls-1 injectors yet?? The 24lb injectors are undersized for an lt-1. We know that when they came out with the lt-4 with 26lb. and longer intake improved all the lt-1 shortfalls. one more Q. How much is the trifecta tune? A guy around here does it on his laptop for around $150 without a dyno run. Must be pretty good, usally picks you up about 2-3 tenths. I was waiting to finish all my mods first though!
Old 03-29-2009, 10:33 PM   #10
Administrator

You just have to finish cutting them around the injector. No need to make them bigger. I used a dremel as well. I went slowly so it did not melt the plastic. Mosy guys have not made the swap because the jump to 28 needs a tune and if your building bigger then modified stock you will need to step up again. Trifecta's cost varies. Best way to get a price is to just get in touch with Vince.

u can do it

Old 03-29-2009, 11:01 PM   #11

will it still be driveable until i get the tune? I understand it may not run at "peak".
Old 03-29-2009, 11:03 PM   #12
Whistles go Whoooooooooo

ShowNoMercy Tradesman Level Tech II

You run the risk of ruining your oil, and 02 sensors cause its gonna dump a lot of fuel in.

If it ain't ARP, it ain't right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
I have a heavily modified lt1.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-U...30966313667982
Old 03-29-2009, 11:08 PM   #13
Administrator

It will run it will just be very rich and run rough. The cats will get abused, plugs might foul, and o2's get sooted up. It would be better if you waited.

u can do it

Old 03-29-2009, 11:15 PM   #14

I don't have any cats... and would my intake and spark mods not make up for some of the extra fuel? I am pretty sure i am pushing the limits of the 24 lb. inj. but i dont know anything about how the computer makes up for increased air and fuel input. My plugs now are white and the o2s were a redish-orange color last time i changed them.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:45 PM   #15

BALLSS user's tech expertise is unknown at this point

My $02 is you do not need larger injectors with your mods noted in your sig.

With that said if you are intent on doing it than get the tune before you run the car.

having a data log showing duty cycle of your stock injectors at SUSTAINED WOT would be the way to show WTF they are doing. My bet is they are fine.

HyperTech programmer is zero value, get a PCM tune. many options, I use www.fastchip.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement