Throttle body connection question #1? - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

Welcome to LS1LT1.com/LS3forums.com - please click here to register...

LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums
Presented by:

New User? Register
LS1 Forums Register Photo Gallery Tech/FAQ Members List Calendar Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
Premium Membership Videos Perf Tools Mobile/iPhone Link to Us! Social Groups Follow LS1LT1 on Twitter

Go Back   LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums > Engine Tech > LT1 | LT4 | L99 Engine Tech

LS1LT1.com is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2008, 08:53 PM   #1

Jimmy Apprentice Level Tech III
Default Throttle body connection question #1?

If I plan on blocking off my throttle body coolant lines, than where does my steam tube from the rear of the heads connect to? Thanks, Jimmy
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2008, 09:00 PM   #2

Greg Norris Apprentice Level Tech I

the radiator.

tho I remember that you did a swap into a Jeep right?

what radiator are you using?

http://shbox.com/1/93-94_hoses.jpg

Last edited by Greg Norris; 12-12-2008 at 09:03 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-12-2008, 09:00 PM   #3
95Z
Admin

95Z Apprentice Level Tech III

Looking at the motor (head on) you disconnect the line going into the throttle body on the right, and connect it to where the one on the left/tb exit goes to. TB imput hose to the hard steam tube comming from the rear. Then just trash the hose going out of the throttle body to steam tube.

Yep its slow.

Making the world a warmer place one gallon at a time.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:07 PM   #4

Problem is there are no lines, I'm starting from scratch. So to the top of the radiator, or tied into one of the heater hoses good? Thanks, Jimmy
Old 12-12-2008, 09:46 PM   #5

Greg, it's an old Studebaker, and I went with an alunium from a company called PRC. I have an extra fitting on the radiator below the water neck. That should work.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:04 PM   #6
95Z
Admin

One below the water neck is for overflow/res. It might work though.

Yep its slow.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:23 PM   #7

Pretty sure there's another one on the bottom, I'll have to check tomorrow.....but I can also connect it into one of the heater lines ...correct?
Old 12-13-2008, 10:30 AM   #8
95Z
Admin

Mine has 2 lines directly below the radiator cap. Top line is for overflow, second one down connects directly to my steam vent. So that is the one you want if your radiator is similar.

Yep its slow.

Old 12-13-2008, 02:44 PM   #9

Greg Norris Apprentice Level Tech I

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95Z View Post
Mine has 2 lines directly below the radiator cap. Top line is for overflow, second one down connects directly to my steam vent. So that is the one you want if your radiator is similar.

however jimmy your port below the filler neck may be for the overflow only. if so, trust me, you do not want to get them mixed up. i blew a head gasket cus my two hoses got interchanged and the steam pipe was pumping hot coolant straight to the resevior and thus draining the engine/rad of coolant.

tho, you should be fine hooking it up to the port. you just wont be running a resevior unless you wanted to rig up a seperate resevoir later.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:41 PM   #10

shoebox Tradesman Level Tech II

There have been some conversion people that have run the steam pipe into a heater hose and it seemed to work ok. If you don't have an extra port on the radiator you should be able to do it this way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement