LS1LT1 Forum banner

Throttle body connection question #1?

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  shoebox 
#1 ·
If I plan on blocking off my throttle body coolant lines, than where does my steam tube from the rear of the heads connect to? Thanks, Jimmy

#3 ·
Looking at the motor (head on) you disconnect the line going into the throttle body on the right, and connect it to where the one on the left/tb exit goes to. TB imput hose to the hard steam tube comming from the rear. Then just trash the hose going out of the throttle body to steam tube.

#8 ·
Mine has 2 lines directly below the radiator cap. Top line is for overflow, second one down connects directly to my steam vent. So that is the one you want if your radiator is similar.

#9 ·
:werd:

however jimmy your port below the filler neck may be for the overflow only. if so, trust me, you do not want to get them mixed up. i blew a head gasket cus my two hoses got interchanged and the steam pipe was pumping hot coolant straight to the resevior and thus draining the engine/rad of coolant.

tho, you should be fine hooking it up to the port. you just wont be running a resevior unless you wanted to rig up a seperate resevoir later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.