PCV valve hose cracked - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

Welcome to LS1LT1.com/LS3forums.com - please click here to register...

LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums
Presented by:

New User? Register
LS1 Forums Register Photo Gallery Tech/FAQ Members List Calendar Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
Premium Membership Videos Perf Tools Mobile/iPhone Link to Us! Social Groups Follow LS1LT1 on Twitter

Go Back   LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums > Engine Tech > LT1 | LT4 | L99 Engine Tech

LS1LT1.com is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2008, 04:17 PM   #1

Scott Anderson Apprentice Level Tech III
Default PCV valve hose cracked

On the driver side where it connects to the intake is broken. I had a slight vacuum leak and when I went to find it I made it worse. Now it's basically not connectable. I'm going to go to VatoZone to get a hose elbow connector for it.

What will this being like this do? Should I not drive it at all or what? Also is this what's causing my cam-like lope at idle when warm? I assume so, since it's the only vacuum leak I had... that i could hear at least.

97 Trans Am LT1
Nothing compared to the LSx/L67/VQ... NOTHING.
00 YZF-R6
It'll run 10s, but a stock LS1 could take it... EASY.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2008, 04:35 PM   #2

DJ_Kovacs Apprentice Level Tech III

Just buy the same diameter hose, you will be fine, I had to do the same a few years back. As far as the lope at idle when warm, The vacuum leak could probably be the culprit, or a sticky EGR valve. Do the PCV valve first, if it doesnt go away move to the egr, and so on
You *shouldnt* cause any problems to drive like that for a little while, but I would get it fixed sooner rather then later
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 02-11-2008, 05:22 PM   #3

440 rwhp trans am user's tech expertise is unknown at this point

you will be fine it will idol higher though.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:46 PM   #4

Scott Anderson Apprentice Level Tech III

Ok, thanks. Also, I don't think it matters, but the hose isn't cracked as I said in the title, it's an elbow hose connector that the previous owner must have put on it.

97 Trans Am LT1
Nothing compared to the LSx/L67/VQ... NOTHING.
00 YZF-R6
It'll run 10s, but a stock LS1 could take it... EASY.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:12 PM   #5
CKJ

The hose going to the TB from the passanger side valve cover is one solid piece of rubber except for the 90 Degree elbow sitting in the valve cover gromet. I bought a brand new one from GM being that no other hose is going to fit as nice as the OEM style.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKJ View Post
The hose going to the TB from the passanger side valve cover is one solid piece of rubber except for the 90 Degree elbow sitting in the valve cover gromet. I bought a brand new one from GM being that no other hose is going to fit as nice as the OEM style.
Maybe I mis-read, I thought he was talking about the pcv valve hose, on the intake, which you can get anywhere, the hose from the pass. valve cover, to t/b, thats a different story, probably GM like you say
Old 02-11-2008, 09:37 PM   #7
CKJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Kovacs View Post
Maybe I mis-read, I thought he was talking about the pcv valve hose, on the intake, which you can get anywhere, the hose from the pass. valve cover, to t/b, thats a different story, probably GM like you say
Nope...i actually misread! I just jumped the gun and ASSumed that he was talking about the famous hose on the TB that always breaks.

But you were right Mr. Kovacs, a piece of prob 3/8's hose bent to a 90 degree to connect to the steel line will do the trick. My apologies to you

Old 02-11-2008, 09:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Nope...i actually misread! I just jumped the gun and ASSumed that he was talking about the famous hose on the TB that always breaks.

But you were right Mr. Kovacs, a piece of prob 3/8's hose bent to a 90 degree to connect to the steel line will do the trick. My apologies to you
No Prob Chris
While on the subject of the infamous breaking hose,, roughly how much did you spend on yours, because i'm evidently plagued by the same problem.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:56 PM   #9
CKJ

I couldn't even tell you if you had a gun pointed to my head. I can get a part number and look it up on GMpartsdirect for you.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:03 PM   #10

Quote:
I couldn't even tell you if you had a gun pointed to my head. I can get a part number and look it up on GMpartsdirect for you.
Dont worry about it, Just thought you knew, i'll look it up, no rush.
Thats the least of my worries right now. After I get all this mess of parts back to a functioning LT1 I will cross that bridge then. What started as a "winter tune up" turned into a full on H/C swap... At least thats what I told my Wife
Old 02-11-2008, 10:04 PM   #11
CKJ

TB to valve cover pipe GM # 10128365

Gm Parts direct says $7.40, which usually I can get at my local dealership for lets say...3-5% more than GM parts direct, but I don't have to pay their rediciolous shipping charges in return.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement