Changing out rusted injectors - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

Welcome to LS1LT1.com/LS3forums.com - please click here to register...

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Changing out rusted injectors

Where is a good place to buy/ rebuild the injectors??..heres my story
A 94 caprice 350, LT1 went into my elky 10 yrs ago, got it started, ran it for a couple weeks and then shut it down (project car) up until 2 yrs ago... a couple weeks ago I was ready to fire up my rebuilt LT1 after the 2yrs of rebuilding it. Found out after troubleshooting the fuel system that the injectors valve springs were rusted and corroded (took them to a local shop) Any suggestions on were to go for decently priced new/ reman. injectors?

What I do know:
The local shop guy that checked out the injectors will tell me today when I go pick them up when I can get some from the mainland , he said around here they are too expensive. He said A/C delco and Bosch were good.
Yes, I got 43.5 PSI at the rails and I get the pulse readings from all 8 injector connectors ...Thanks

Last edited by toyinhawaii; 01-17-2017 at 06:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 06:45 PM

Five-o-motorsports or fuelinjectorconnection.com

1995 LT1 Wagon. ERE 383
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
Five-o-motorsports or fuelinjectorconnection.com
Thanks Dan... the local shop guy gave me their cards too. What a small world. I'll giv'em both a call. Did you use them before? How was their service, their product, their prices and were you satisfied?...thanks again

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

i emailed both companies and both suggested the Bosch 3 24lb, for 92-96' TPI or LT1 no real PN's given from fuelinjection.com and from fiveomotorsports it was listed as Fuel Injector: OEM Upgrade BOSCH Bosch 0280156211, 24lb LS1 LT1 L98 5.7 Corvette, Camaro, Firebird for the cost w/o shipping was fuelinjection was at $49.95 per and five0 was at $54.95. is this was was suggest for some of you guys (I know it depends on what was done to the LT1). Any comments or suggestions?....thanks
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 12:04 PM

you could also try Cruzin Performance

I have used them twice to clean/rebuild/test my injectors. IIRC it is about $12-$15 per for the service. They send a B/A flow chart showing results

IDK if your "rusted springs" can be replaced but assume they can...might be worth a email to them

if getting replacements you just want them to be the same as stock ones you have or you will need a PCM adjustment
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALLSS View Post
you could also try Cruzin Performance

I have used them twice to clean/rebuild/test my injectors. IIRC it is about $12-$15 per for the service. They send a B/A flow chart showing results

IDK if your "rusted springs" can be replaced but assume they can...might be worth a email to them

if getting replacements you just want them to be the same as stock ones you have or you will need a PCM adjustment
Ok, I'll check them out too. My local shop guy said that the OEM Multec injectors weren't all that great. The Bosch injectors according to fuelinj and fiveo are for stock unmodified PCM's
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

hi all, little update.. I got the Bosch Gen III from fuelinjection..so far in the last couple weeks the engine starts right up and so far they perform great at idle and revving. The truck isn't road worthy yet still garage/driveway bound. really knowledgeable people and got them at a good price
Sponsored Links
Advertisement