LS1LT1 Forum banner

Loud chirp at idle. Goes away with throttle

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  cocobolo95 
#1 ·
95 lt1. I have a loud chirping noise when idling. If I give it throttle the noise goes away and it revs fine. I haven't heard it when it cold only after it's at operating temp. Just installed CC306 and 1.6 rr.

#3 ·
With the belt off, and given that you just did a cam-change, I would NOT drive it until you find the source. Get a $10 mechanics stethoscope and start poking around. It will help you isolate the soumd. If you can't find/buy one, I've used a cut-down broomstick before with some success.

#4 ·
Yeah I'm not going to chance it. I was about 100 miles into breaking it in. Lifters were the only thing I didn't replace because they looked pretty good. I think that's where I'll start.

Sent from my AS985 using Tapatalk

#5 ·
you should drain the oil and even cut open filter to look for any metal shavings. If present....you will need to tear motor down

Ideally there are no shavings.....and maybe this is just a rotor making contact with the cap or something else more easily repairable

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.