LS1LT1 Forum banner

My 96 Z28 Build.

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Markemery 
#1 ·
I wanted to post this because im finally done a very long build and the relieved and excited about my z28 i wanted to share what i did and the experince i had.
I bought the car in September of 2009 and was posted to he west coast. (Vancouver island)I drove it across the Canada bone stock except for a CAI and new 373 gears (my stock one was shot)

I first did long tube headers 3in single exahust and a tune by Soloman(i dont know if hes still doing them but if he is use em, ill explain later) Car dynoed at 309whp...pretty awesome.

I got used to the power and decided to add heads and cam... I am currently running with whats in my sig which is essentially CC503, LE1 heads 58mm TB and intake. Later I added a Nitrous Express wet plate system (Havent used it yet) Heres where im going to bitch a little bit... i know we all love that.

I sent the PCM to PCM For Less the second time around for tuning post HCI (sorry Soloman) When i got it back i installed it and the car felt like it was a missile. Keep in mind i hadn't driven it for a winter and my god did it sound amazing. One day at a light i opened it p and had a impala SS keep up with me, im talking right on my ass and that's when i started thinking something must be wrong here. (I actually posed on here about the Impala thing) Trouble shot some the car and also called PCM for less back as i felt something was off with the tune i was assured that everything was find and basically it was just on my end. I hardly drove the car for 3 years.

I moved back to my home town and took the car for dyno tuning just this week. Initial dyno pull....311 WHP.....thats right all the mods in my sig with the PCMforless tune and my car was making a earth shattering 311whp. Keep in mind the car made 309whp with Solomans tune long tube headers and a CAI. Today the car made 370WHP (no nitrous and cant get it filled till next year cause winter) the tuner said there is still a bit left he could get out of it so tomorrow ill know what the final number is.

Thats the story of my LT1s build.
[/URL][/IMG]

See less See more
#3 ·
Its at spi tuning, there located in Dundas.

#4 ·
Car made 375 at the wheels.

#6 ·
My car didn't have 375whp when i ran into the impala. it had 311whp thanks to the hacks at PCMforless.

#7 · (Edited)
you are not alone with having issues with PCM4Less tune. Good you got it on a dyno/tune to get it where it should be with your set-up.

Have heard good things about Solomon, IDK if he still does LT1.

While you have a weight advantage over a B-body Impala....you may need to kick in the NOS to pull around some. They may also have a LT1 build putting down over 400 HP/TQ to the wheels...

#8 ·
Beauty B-Body, Whats your build? They tuner said I could safely go to a 125 shot.

#10 ·
Just curious who did u talk to at pcm4less

#11 ·
I honestly dont remeber this was back in 2012. I called them back shortly after receiving the tune because i thought something was wrong. They assured me everything was fine as they do hundreds of these tunes a week. I really dident drive the car a whole lot since, mainly because of my disappointment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.