LS1LT1 Forum banner

opti or something else

809 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  shoebox 
#1 ·
Been a while since I've posted since the car has been running well until yesterday. I noticed the waterpump shaft seal was leaking. Replaced said leak. Now the car won't start. It'll crank and crank but won't turn over. The opti was pulled (of course) but as its a 94 it is splined and went back on with no issues. I'm really at a loss right now as obviously something I did caused this.

#3 · (Edited)
Quick and easy test for opti function is to crank engine and see if tach needle moves. If yes your low resolution pulse is present.

But best way to check opti for low & high res pulses is with an oscilloscope. If you don't have one you can buy a pc based scope for about $70 on ebay, amazon, etc.

Did you check for codes with an obd 1 scanner? Opti code 16 for low res pulse missing, and icm codes 41 & 42 don't illuminate the check engine light.

So have your icm tested at an auto parts store. Also test coil. There's a how to of coil testing at www.shbox.com

#29 in how to section

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.