Electric Water Pumps: CSR vs. Meziere - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

Welcome to LS1LT1.com/LS3forums.com - please click here to register...

LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums
Presented by:

New User? Register
LS1 Forums Register Photo Gallery Tech/FAQ Members List Calendar Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
Premium Membership Videos Perf Tools Mobile/iPhone Link to Us! Social Groups Follow LS1LT1 on Twitter

Go Back   LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums > Engine Tech > LT1 | LT4 | L99 Engine Tech

LS1LT1.com is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2007, 11:29 PM   #1

deliryumtrigger Apprentice Level Tech III
Default Electric Water Pumps: CSR vs. Meziere

I believe my car is about to be ready for it's 3rd water pump in 3 years. Even if it's not, I'm hoping for just a bubble in system, I'm thinking about switching to an electric pump as they seem to be less prone to bearing failure. I'm well aware that with the electric when it goes, its gone. However given the track record I'm having with mechanical ones I'm willing to take that chance. I searched the forums and found some old posts were people said they're mezieres didn't last long while someone highly touted the CSR. I'm hoping anyone with any experience could weigh in here with their opinion about which if the two is the better.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2007, 12:28 PM   #2

TurboZ28 Apprentice Level Tech III

Wow how are you going through water pumps like that? I've never had to change mine. Are you sure its the water pump failing?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-19-2007, 04:03 PM   #3

the big dog user's tech expertise is unknown at this point

A newbie here...Ill take a stab at this one;

We do Jeep V8 conversions, typically to LT1 and LS1's. We run nothing but CSR electric pumps on the LT1's. The constant 35GPM flow lets these motors run below 200 all day long, in sand, rocks, idleing around in low gears.
One issue with the pumps is the supply power and the adequate fusing, we run fuses and for emergency situations I run a switch on the dash that has its own power direct from the battery to assure power to the pump at all times in case of an electrical problem.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:30 PM   #4

deliryumtrigger Apprentice Level Tech III

The first two, one before actually handing cash over for the car three years ago and one last year, were definately the pump. I just got done replacing the timing chain and the Opti (which failed). I've had the car on the road for almost a month now, and a week or so ago the car seems to be running hotter. With my manual fan switch the low speed fan can only hold the temp, not lower it like it was able to before. The high speed fan will still bring it down but I would like to solve this problem before it gets to the point where it cannot. I was thinking that maybe it is an air bubble in the water pump...but that would mean it took 2 weeks for any air in the system to work its way up to the pump from the rest of the system....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement