H/C/I Almost complete - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

Welcome to LS1LT1.com/LS3forums.com - please click here to register...

LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums
Presented by:

New User? Register
LS1 Forums Register Photo Gallery Tech/FAQ Members List Calendar Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
Premium Membership Videos Perf Tools Mobile/iPhone Link to Us! Social Groups Follow LS1LT1 on Twitter

Go Back   LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums > Engine Tech > LS1 | LS6 | LS2 | LS3 |LS7 Engine Tech

LS1LT1.com is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #1

brock2k user's tech expertise is unknown at this point
Default H/C/I Almost complete

I can't wait till tax refunds!
I will be finishing up buying stuff for my H/C/I install i just need the cam and heads and all the gaskets and the right lenght pushrods when i find out which lenght they need to be.
My car is a '98 camaro z28 M6 with almost 130k. right now i have already installed on the car is slp air lid, ported tb, tsp 1 7/8 longtubes, ory pipe, lm2 catback. pro 5.0 short shifter.

this is what is going onto the car this march. I'm getting my cam and heads from lloyd elliot portswork and im getting the LE2 pkg the cam specs are 223/227 .610/.614 112 LSA and the heads are .02/1.60 valves
Patriot Gold Dbl springs, Ti retainers, locks and locators
custom valve job
mill, cleaning and assembly
flow about 305/220

I'm thinking about getting fast 36lb injectors or racetronix 42lb injectors for my setup ?

I'm installing a LS6 Intake, LS6 ported oil pump, LS2 timing chain, LS7 lifters, ticks master adjustable, gm slave cylinder, monster stage 2 clutch. and have hp tuner work done to it. What do you guys think of this setup ? and what about rwhp #'s ? the cam is good for 1500-6200 rpm soo i wont touch the rpm limiter. Ill be getting small stuff like a raptor shift lite, poly motor and tranny mounts. and a wideband.

Also should i go with katech rodbolts ? i will only be spinning it too 6200 once and awhile. and with the katechs do they need to be resized ?

Last edited by brock2k; 01-20-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 05:45 PM   #2

bump
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:18 PM   #3
Global Moderators

five7kid Apprentice Level Tech II

Welcome to the Board.

I haven't used Katech bolts, just ARP. Whichever way you go, you can't resize factory LS1 rods. I put ARP's in my LS1 2 years ago, spin it to 6500 at the track regularly, and it's seen more than that without any issues.
'95 Silverado 2500HD 6.5 TD. Just 335k miles so far.
'96 Vette Base Coupe. New to the herd.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:51 AM   #4

Lawhead Apprentice Level Tech I

You can hone the rods .002 I just did it with mine.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #5
Runs with scissors

Greed4Speed Tradesman Level Tech I

Just get SVO red top 30# injectors. They fed my 408, they'll be enough for a h/c 346. They'll save yo u a few bucks too.

I'll advise getting a larger cam and some TEA ported heads. I had a 226 grind and it left me wanting more.If you want a small grind then check out EPS. You'll be looking at 380-400 whp with the LE set up (depending on tune and dyno.) People make that cam only with larger cams that ard completely drivable, have plenty of torque, and don't have to spin past 6500 rpm to make power. You have the large primary headers, might as well use them with a littel higher RPM range.

Poly motor and trans mounts aren't needed and they transfer the vibration into the chassis. For the clutch, check into the Diamond clutches. Get a stage 3 and don't look back. It'll handle anything your 346 will throw at it.

So what are you doing for suspension and rear end upgrades?
Old 01-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #6

I already have the monster stage 2 clutch. I dont know what im going to do for suspension and the rearend.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:26 PM   #7
Runs with scissors

Save up for the rear. Its a breakage waiting to happen.

Without getting into the whole local shop drama, Monster is pretty much the same as Diamond with a different color painted on the metal parts. They're both local shops. So is LE for that matter.

For rod bolts, why not get arp?
Old 01-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #8

Yeah i should, i'm thinking a strange s60 with 4.10's or 4.11's

katech is just as good, they are the ones who design a lot of shit for the corvette racing program.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:18 PM   #9
Runs with scissors

I know who Katech is. Also know they tend to be overpriced. Just curious if there was any benefit to theirs.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:08 PM   #10

Yes they are over priced. You supposedly dont have to resize them.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:26 PM   #11
Global Moderators

five7kid Apprentice Level Tech II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawhead View Post
You can hone the rods .002 I just did it with mine.
Did you put in .002" oversized shells after that?
Old 01-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #12

Still going to stick with llyods cam and heads, just cant beat the price, and i have heard nothing but good stuff about his work, even with the ls1.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #13
Runs with scissors

You'll make more power and torque with a different cam with a newer lobe design. I can't think of one local LS car running his cam. His heads are a different story. If you want a small cam, do a search on EPS cams. Sure a different cam may cost a little more $, but its cheaper than reinstalling a larger cam 6 mo later when you're wanting more power.

Thats just my $.02 from my experiences, but its your car and bank account.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement