LS1LT1 Forum banner

Lt1 vs genesis coupe 2.0t and 3.8 (what if scenario)

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  1993Hawk 
#1 ·
Just to clarify from the start, I don't have an f body........yet. But I have been looking closely at them and I want something that will still be competitive in the near future but that's cheap now. That's the glory of the lt1, or so I think.

How would a Chicagoland area z28, formi, or ta with around 100k miles on the clock stand up to a Hyundai genesis coupe with the 2.0 turbo? My buddy has one, a 2011 I think with intake, intercooler, maybe new manifold?, and an exhaust which he says was custom fabricated by a shop. Oh, and it's an auto, 5 spd methinks that year was. I know the 2.0 ones aren't special stock but they're easier to mod than the v6s. There's also a v6 owned by someone down my street but I'm purty sure it's stock, if it's who I think it is the owner doesn't really know much about cars. Idk, anyone ever come across these crazy Korean coupes? They look very nice but are the old lt1s still faster IN A STRAIGHT LINE?

P.s. G35s and g37s seem to be only a bit quicker than these Hyundais, how does the lt1 stand up to that too?

Kind of a longer post, maybe pissed some people off with a what if scenario but I really couldn't find too many kill stories against some of these newer cars from Asia.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

See less See more
#2 ·
Your typical stock or slightly modded LT1 will beat a 2.0t coupe. I can unplug a wire and an injector from my bolt on car and still pull on my buddy's bolt on 2011 :roflmao:

#3 ·
Your typical stock or slightly modded LT1 will beat a 2.0t coupe. I can unplug a wire and an injector from my bolt on car and still pull on my buddy's bolt on 2011 :roflmao:

Yeah but the mighty Forester went around you like you were standing still. Wait, were you even trying? :lol:

#5 ·
I raced a G37 Coupe when I had only a CAI and Cat back, surprised me actually; although I should've expected it. We went tit-for-tat. G35's are a bit slower. But they are quick enough that if it gets the hit or you miss a shift it'll take the win.

#7 ·
I raced a g-35 when I was bone stock. I have the A4 auto TA LT1 and I had about 120k on the clock. As soon as he gunned it I stepped on it, He put half a car on me as soon as we punched it at 40, by 50-55 I was pulling him in and passing him. Don't let the word "Old" infront of the LT1 fool you. These engines still have some kick left in them. I'm at 139k now and I can still "If I want" break the back tires loose from a stand still, and kick ass in this old car.

#8 ·
I was asleep at the wheel when I had one of those v8 lexus isf pull next to me. I never knew they existed!?

He got me at the light as I was not expecting... but I held his wheel. He let out pretty early around 45mph or so as I went by.. So was pretty evenly matched.

#12 ·
I have no problem staying ahead of a G35 but my hawk is modded slightly with 135k.

The G35 are decent performers but I would think a stock well running LT1 fbody would beat one from a dead stop. It would be close but the LT1 would come out on top.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.