Killed 2 horses with one vette ..... - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

Welcome to LS1LT1.com/LS3forums.com - please click here to register...

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 01:34 AM Thread Starter

Killed 2 horses with one vette .....

Today I was cruising down the highway with my friend in my 93 corvette. When some guys in a new mustang came running by me. I dropped a gear and caught back up with them. They looked at my old vette and shrugged. I yelled over "wanna run?" the driver smirked and they slowed down to 40ish. I should have shifted to 2nd but I just shifted 3rd instead. I was sitting between 3,200-3,500 rpms. I looked over at him and yelled "go ahead!" he got the hit, but it didn't matter. I started pulling him, and walking away. I let out at the top of 4th at 115-120 and had a good 1 1/2 to 2 bus lengths. I slowed down again and asked him how many cylinders, he showed 4 fingers. His passenger gave me a thumb up lol

SKIP 1 HOUR

I'm crusing in Town when a Mustang GT came up beside me, revved his engine and patted the roof. I smiled and said "OH HELL NO." My friend looked over at me and said let's get him! I followed him over to a rail yard parking area, and told him his car was nice and asked him what year, he said 2006 GT. He also had a passenger in his car. I informed him that my car is a 93 making 300 horses He smirked a little and said "I can take it"
( 10 minutes later ) we're lined up ready to rock. I shifted down to second and it's go time...honk........Honk.......honk......we both nailed the hit. I started creeping away, bang! Shift to 3rd, now I'm walking away, bang! Shift to 4th, still walking this guy. I let out at 110. His v8 was no joke, just about as fast as that 4 banger mustang I raced earlier. I stopped at the top of the next on ramp, told him all my car had was an aluminum flywheel that's it. He was a very good sport. Now the funny part.....

15 minutes later. I'm heading the opposite way to head home, when I hear a loud rev! I look down the street, and there's what looked like c6 vette. I ran up beside him and could not belive how ungodly loud that thing was. I said "thats a sweet car man!" he told me it was an 06 coupe! It sounded like it had a cam, but he said it didn't ? Anyways......I lay into it, and within 2 seconds, a supercharger wine is screaming, tires are spinning, and hes blowing my ear drums out passing me. When he shifted into the next gear, the Ass end of that vette was squating hard. He had a bus length on me within 5 seconds of me nailing it. The next light was red and we looked at each other laughing like hell. I had a good day today fellas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 07:12 AM
Global Moderator

Always good to hear when mustangs go down.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocobolo95 View Post
Always good to hear when mustangs go down.
Amen!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement