3rd gen Camaro RS vs LT1 - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

Welcome to LS1LT1.com/LS3forums.com - please click here to register...

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

3rd gen Camaro RS vs LT1

Not sure if this is really worth posting but anyways....I just put my vette wheels on my trans am to see how they look. ( sweet btw ) .
I was cruising through a town near me when I see an older man pulling out of a bar in a camaro RS 305 I give it a rev to kinda mess with him. But man, he took off after me like a bat out of hell !!
I hit the highway going down the on ramp, 3/4 throttle shifting at 4,000 rpm and he was falling slowly behind.
I stopped at about 80 and slowed down to 65. Then he got beside me and looked at me. When I shifted down into 3rd he nailed it. I waited until he had a good car on me before I laid some hell down. I reeled him in, passed him, blew his doors off ( including trunk hatch) and kept going until I was pretty sure I had ruined his will to live. So I slowed down to the speed limit and cruised down to my exit. The whole time, I can see he's really trying hard to come back up to catch me while I'm on the highway.
( it gets better )
I take my exit and as I'm turning, here he comes.
I look in the rear view to see him spinning tires coming around the turn at the light and as I stop at the next light, he pulled beside me and yelled " My governor kicks in at 110 mph, so it wasn't a fair race!" He said he would beat me from a dig. I agreed.
A few seconds later the light turned green and I simply revved my car up, and he took off hauling ass. I turned right and went home, I let him have the win haha.

Till next time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 11:11 PM

Garage
Ya thats a pretty good one. Now u no hes either telling his buddys he smoked u from a dig or that u was afraid to race him

97 trans am ws6 with only 25k on it, your typical heads and comp cam port and polished intake, pace setter long tubes, borla catbac, 58mm TB 32lb injectors, moser ford 9" with 4.10 gears, SFC,lower control arms,adjustable panhard bar,adjustable torque arm, rear sway bar, 3-1/2 inch drive shaft with Ds loop and poly bushings,finally got traction with new nitto drag radial extremes,410 rwhp 385 ftlbs of torque. And a tune from pcmforless
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 05:22 AM

That's hilarious I think the 305 turd gens make like 160 hp to the tires he obviously knows nothing about cars if he thinks he beat you. Plus your car is modded so you would've put a few city blocks on him if you gunned it at the light. But let him think he won maybe one of his friends will tell him that no way could he have beat you and maybe you just didn't wanna get locked up for racing haha.

A guy tried to race me last night in a lifted ford pickup truck I just left it in 4th and did a quick pull and that was that lol

110k, Bright Red, Hard top, Moroso cold air, Trick flow ceramic intake elbow, SLP 3" Y pipe, Random tech high flow cat, Borla adjustable cat back with DHM cutout, MSD 8.5mm plug wires, Summit polished diff cover, March crank pulley, V8 shock tower brace, core shifter/billet hurst, Sway bars, Hotchkis lower control arms, welded subframe connectors, lakewood drive shaft loop, non cracked dash

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Hahaha yea ! He probably is lol , those third gens are very fun to drive though IMHO.
Nice kill on the lifted Ford man ! It always seems to me that the Diesel guys always want to race and roll coal when I'm in the BMW , but the second my ass hits the seat of that trans am....they don't rev their motors, they don't roll coal, they don't haul ass near me or around me. I don't get it.
Mustangs too ! I can be in the BMW and every mustang will haul ass and want to race me, but I turn the key of that T/A even the new 5.0s don't play around me. Idk what it is. -.-
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 12:05 AM

Garage
Well workman i think those 5.0 guys are afraid to get there asses handed to them by a old lt1. That would be very embarrasing

97 trans am ws6 with only 25k on it, your typical heads and comp cam port and polished intake, pace setter long tubes, borla catbac, 58mm TB 32lb injectors, moser ford 9" with 4.10 gears, SFC,lower control arms,adjustable panhard bar,adjustable torque arm, rear sway bar, 3-1/2 inch drive shaft with Ds loop and poly bushings,finally got traction with new nitto drag radial extremes,410 rwhp 385 ftlbs of torque. And a tune from pcmforless
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

That's true man ! And I think I have just enough to do it. I'm not scared to try, thats for sure.
Why do Mustangs always drive around town in 2 gear at 4k rpms?? I mean, I've even seen auto ones do it. I don't understand why?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 10:37 PM

Garage
Funny. I saw a new 5.0 at the track last yr and he had some mods and wouldnt tell us what he was a 6 spd car and he was running 12.9 his excuse was oh i cant hook on street tires and he really wasnt even spinning

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workman View Post
Hahaha yea ! He probably is lol , those third gens are very fun to drive though IMHO.
Nice kill on the lifted Ford man ! It always seems to me that the Diesel guys always want to race and roll coal when I'm in the BMW , but the second my ass hits the seat of that trans am....they don't rev their motors, they don't roll coal, they don't haul ass near me or around me. I don't get it.
Mustangs too ! I can be in the BMW and every mustang will haul ass and want to race me, but I turn the key of that T/A even the new 5.0s don't play around me. Idk what it is. -.-
That's funny cuz it's a lot different in Raleigh i've always got mustangs trying to race me and trucks lol. It don't even have to be anything fast there will all of a sudden be a GM Suv flooring it beside me and going 100 mph haha. I guess a bright red loud sports car just makes people wanna go fast

Also it's not uncommon for ricers to try and race me. Theres packs of hondas around here and it's rare to see another F body on the road. I worked in Hickory for a few days last week and saw at least five super nice 4th gens riding around. I don't see that many in a year in Raleigh.

110k, Bright Red, Hard top, Moroso cold air, Trick flow ceramic intake elbow, SLP 3" Y pipe, Random tech high flow cat, Borla adjustable cat back with DHM cutout, MSD 8.5mm plug wires, Summit polished diff cover, March crank pulley, V8 shock tower brace, core shifter/billet hurst, Sway bars, Hotchkis lower control arms, welded subframe connectors, lakewood drive shaft loop, non cracked dash
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Hahaha I've been to Raleigh a few times, mostly Cary area. I would die if I saw an SUV pulling 100 mph with me. I would start sandbagging and making stupid faces at them, and act like I'm giving my car all its got.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement