LS1LT1 Forum banner

Should I buy a GTO or Cts V

Question 
5K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  97WS6M6 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I am going to buy a car and am currently looking at two cars. One is a 2006 ibm gto with blue interior and the other is a 2007 cts v. My plans are to turbo and daily drive the car but also take it to the track once in a while. What car do you recommend I get and if you can please explain your choice that would be great. The gto has 58k miles and the cts v has 87k miles. the gto is stock and the v has d2 coilovers. I might even supercharge if I decide to not go the turbo route. Thanks everyone

#3 ·
i vote for the CTSV.. but i vote you get an 05-06 with the 6.0 ls2 in it. cant beat a 4 door cumfy sedan , that will just rock and decimate.. to me when i see a GTO driving around im like, " ok thats kinda cool"... but the CTSV is one of those "this guy knows whats up" cars... espically when you toast a subaru or other tuner car, who has to be like i just got rocked by a family sedan.

#5 ·
If you have a wife and or kids the ctv . I always loved those goats but man those cadilacs are super sexy and imo even look more aggressive. That goat looks like what a cavalier ss should have been..
What's the weight differences ect...

#8 ·
I put it down in my book as one of the many glitches that computers give us. I do believe this is a new record for delayed e-mail notification. I've had e-mail notifications that were a few weeks late, but never years.

And we all answered old out of date threads when we were new to the forum.

#9 ·
I love the GTO, thats a cool looking coupe, even after 12 years. That being said, the CTS-V is a sedan, so you dont have to sell it as soon as you have more than 1 kid, and you can daily it a little easier than a GTO. Also, body parts for the V will be at least a little cheaper than the GTO, despite being a Caddy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.