LS1LT1 Forum banner

Oil leak

Question 
2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  frankmolinas 
#1 ·
Hello family,

Its about that time again. Im getting my car ready for the comming drive season. This year I want to solve an ongoing issue. A friggin oil leak. My car has been leaking for years and I am at the point that I want it stopped. About 6years ago, I got a new oilpan and new gaskets and the leak was not solved. I was toldthat its was a rear main seal oilleak that leaks when I shifts from park to drive...it leaks pretty good after a oilchange..mostly just drippings and sometimes a small puddle about the radius of a wine bottle..anyone have any ideas for me to solve this problem....1995 TransAm automatic

#4 ·
I had an oil leak on the front I changed all gaskets on timing cover oil pan gasket timing cover gasket to no success. Bought a bottle of bars rear main seal leak fixer and about 300 miles later oil leak was completely gone. It's good stuff I never believed in it and wished I would of used that before changing all those gaskets. Would highly recommend before trying anything elsewhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.