LS1LT1 Forum banner

BBK Throttle body leaking Boost

4K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  mxdirtking 
#1 ·
For all the boosted LT1's out there what kind of throttle body's are you running. My 58MM BBK leaks out the butterfly shaft so bad! So there a way to seal it up. BBK was no help over the phone.

Thanks, Grant

#2 ·
Throttle bodies leak because of bad bushings that shaft ride in. If you could locate the correct size bushings, you could prevent the air leaks. At least for a while.

Unless the bushings in there have been turning with the shaft and have worn the body.

If BBK doesn't carry repair parts do a google search to find suppliers of bushings. There should be a bunch of them.

If BBK can't supply bushings, you will have to disassemble the throttle body to find out what size you need. Keep in mind that inner part of bushing is worn so subtract like .001 to .003 off the measurement you get to guesstimate original size.

If BBK can't supply parts, maybe they will know original size of bushing so you can get the correct one.

Also measure area of shaft where it rides in bushing and compare it to a unworn part of shaft to determine if you need a new shaft also.

#3 ·
There is no play in the shaft at all. The shaft is keyed out for the butterfly's and the cut looks like it runs all the way thru I just don't see how it could be sealed. I'm just searching around for a throttle body that people are running with boosted lt1 and are not having problems with leaks.

#5 ·
Update on the throttle body!!!! I ended up fighting with BBK on the throttle body and when I got it back from them and leaked out of the shaft bad again! Called them back and then they offered a good deal on a brand new throttle body and I leak tested the new throttle body and still get bad leaking out the butterfly shaft!!!

WHAT ARE YOU LT1 FORCED INDUCTION GUYS RUNNING FOR THROTTLE BODIES AND HAVE YOU HAD THIS PROBLEM!??

#7 ·
i've solved similar problems by finding a slightly thicker (high quality) o-ring, greasing it up like hell and throwing it in there, and it's good to go... might be worth a shot..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.