LS1LT1 Forum banner

RIP ipod...

12K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  hrcslam 
#1 ·
So my ipod from high school lost its head phone jack... only have sound to one ear now. :banghead:

I have had it apart in the past to replace the screen, and battery, but never looked to see if the jack was replaceable.

Thoughts?

#4 ·
I was worried man!

30gigs of unbacked up music!

Thats my next project.... but I don't wanna...

#5 ·
haha, i had the same thing happen to my ipod. it decided to screw up, and i had to reset it to factory settings. i was PISSED.

#14 ·
Ok, so I finally got the headphone jack and took the ipod apart yesterday with a steak knife and eyeglass repair kit... :lol:

Now I need a good program to remove the music off my ipod. Itunes is not communicating with it anymore, so I gotta restore it, but don't wanna do that before backing up my music.

#16 ·
It is not reading the ipod, and when I search via my computer says the hard drive needs to be formatted to get anywhere... feckkkk

#18 ·
maybe, just maybe Copy Trans Manager? It is free and does not use iTunes. Is your iPod taking a charge when you install it to computer? If no, I do not know anything that will help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.