turning radius? - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

Welcome to LS1LT1.com/LS3forums.com - please click here to register...

LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums
Presented by:

New User? Register
LS1 Forums Register Photo Gallery Tech/FAQ Members List Calendar Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
Premium Membership Videos Perf Tools Mobile/iPhone Link to Us! Social Groups Follow LS1LT1 on Twitter

Go Back   LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums > Chassis & Powertrain Tech > Chassis | Suspension | Braking | Wheels & Tires

LS1LT1.com is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2012, 12:25 AM   #1

whatusername user's tech expertise is unknown at this point
Default turning radius?

so this is my first sports/muscle/rwd/coupe car..lol and i can't help but realise how much the turning radius sucks on tight turning situations is this normal? i dint realise how bad the turning was until i got in my mother in laws expedition and i swear that suv can make a tighter turn then i can in my 97z28.

i haven't test it out yet but i was thinking about going to an empty parking lot and turning hard right or left. and seeing how tight of a turn i can make and then doing the same with the expedition. lol.

anyways are most sports/muscle cars like that? or is my steering messed up.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #2

Xzauhst user's tech expertise is unknown at this point

I haven't drove another f body but chances are its normal. At least my car is the same way. But honestly who cares as long as nothing is broken? Have fun going fast straight, just not left or right.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App
1994 Camaro Z28 19x,xxx miles New LT1 and built 4L60E - K&N CAI, Elbow, Air Foil, kooks LT headers, True Duals w/ Dynomax Bullets dumped, 160 stat & fans on early, EGR & AIR delete, EWP, 255FP, ProTrorque 3200 stall, Pcm for Less tune, ET Streets 12.886 @105.12 1.779 60'
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:09 PM   #3
Runs with scissors

Greed4Speed Tradesman Level Tech I

Crank the wheels all the way, hit the gas and the rear will swing right around. Try that in the SUV.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:16 PM   #4

Xzauhst user's tech expertise is unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed4Speed View Post
Crank the wheels all the way, hit the gas and the rear will swing right around. Try that in the SUV.
+1 why haven't I tried that yet while turning around haha. My friend in his sonata always makes fun at me cause I can't turn as sharp as him. Time to show him up
Old 01-14-2013, 10:28 PM   #5

G.Griffin user's tech expertise is unknown at this point

I use the full lock and hard pedal technique also, works every time!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #6

whatusername user's tech expertise is unknown at this point

well i guess il take you guys word for it. i was going to try an autocross/solo it but guess that would be a bad idea.

also i dont notice tha anything is wrong with my steering. but i do hear some weird loud thruuuuuuhhh sound wen ever i turn left or move slightly left at hwy speeds. like wen changing lanes. however if i change lanes to the right i hear nothing. is only at about 45mph + that i hear this sound.

i took it to the dealer and they said they dint notice anything. i mean i guess for now ill deal with it until something breaks. just hope nothing breaks at 60+ mph. i have lifted it and tried to wiggle the wheel, checked the studs and all around the front drivers side wheel. main place where i feel like it might be comming from.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:58 PM   #7

My Facebook
andersons1994z28 Apprentice Level Tech I

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatusername View Post
well i guess il take you guys word for it. i was going to try an autocross/solo it but guess that would be a bad idea.

also i dont notice tha anything is wrong with my steering. but i do hear some weird loud thruuuuuuhhh sound wen ever i turn left or move slightly left at hwy speeds. like wen changing lanes. however if i change lanes to the right i hear nothing. is only at about 45mph + that i hear this sound.

i took it to the dealer and they said they dint notice anything. i mean i guess for now ill deal with it until something breaks. just hope nothing breaks at 60+ mph. i have lifted it and tried to wiggle the wheel, checked the studs and all around the front drivers side wheel. main place where i feel like it might be comming from.
Its not a bad idea at all, i autocross mine all the time and usually do pretty good. As long as you have good throttle control you should be alright i haven't had any turns i couldn't make on a course yet . They don't like it when you slide around every corner though lol trust me. But as far as the thruuuhhh sound i have no clue could just be your power steering pump making a little noise or something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement