Question drivers side window wont roll up/down.but passenger side will? - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

Welcome to LS1LT1.com/LS3forums.com - please click here to register...

LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums
Presented by:

New User? Register
LS1 Forums Register Photo Gallery Tech/FAQ Members List Calendar Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
Premium Membership Videos Perf Tools Mobile/iPhone Link to Us! Social Groups Follow LS1LT1 on Twitter

Go Back   LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums > Chassis & Powertrain Tech > Car Audio & Electronics

LS1LT1.com is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2011, 10:57 AM   #1

94Ztwentylate user's tech expertise is unknown at this point
Default drivers side window wont roll up/down.but passenger side will?

took my car in to get an alignment and when i got my 94 Z28 back the drivers side window didnt work anymore..the switch is good cuz i tested out another one i had and it did the same thing..so before i tackle this wiring issue i was wondering if anybody has dealt with this and what it was that was causing it..
SLP lm 1,shift kit,volant ram air,MSD 6AL...UMI panhard rod and LCA's, SLP subframes and strut tower brace,eibach pro drop springs,drilled & slotted rotors, 02 Z06 wheels(gun metal),Brand new interior out of a 2000 SS...needs a dyno..

full bolt on and cam and recent 6 speed swap for A4.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2011, 11:34 AM   #2

My Facebook
Voradeaur user's tech expertise is unknown at this point

9/10 chance its not a wiring issue... the motors in this car suck balls... i have had to replace both the windows in my 96 when i got it from my moms.. one of the windows regulators were replaced already, and the other was still factory. To replace them, you simply drill out the ribs that they put in, and use the supplied screws to put the new window motor in. you can get them from ebay for about 25 a piece. it does take alittle drilling in order to get to a few of them, i can see about supplying pictures i you need any help.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-30-2011, 11:37 AM   #3

My Facebook

New CAMARO FIREBIRD Window Regulator Motor LH & RH PAIR | eBay

here is a pair of window regulators for 45.. just sayin lol
Old 04-30-2011, 01:36 PM   #4

Well the regulator is only maybe 6 months old the motor however is factory..but when i tookit to guys to align the front end it worked just fine.do motors just quit all of a sudden like that?btw how do u like ur soloman tune?
SLP lm 1,shift kit,volant ram air,MSD 6AL...UMI panhard rod and LCA's, SLP subframes and strut tower brace,eibach pro drop springs,drilled & slotted rotors, 02 Z06 wheels(gun metal),Brand new interior out of a 2000 SS...needs a dyno..

Old 04-30-2011, 10:20 PM   #5

My Facebook

Normally no they dont just go out.. but it could happen.. mine did that and it ended up being that the connector didnt hook up correctly, i wiggled it around a little and walla.. instant window again lol.. Its acting sluggish though.

As far as solomans tune, I have not had a chance to fully harness it yet. I am still working out a few gremlins lol. I have a bad o2 sensor that decided to fuse its molex connector to my header... so i am still playing with that.. At WOT though the car runs great. I dont have anything to compare it to yet, so im not sure how much it helped. I had the EGR deleted and the AIR system turned off though, so with that said its helped a lot. The car does pull really hard when its given a little gas though. The guy is great to work with and ill keep him in mind if i need to do anything else to the car also. I guess overall id say use the crap out of him lol.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:15 PM   #6

nice lol..well im not sure what happened maybe it was just a pinched wire or something but as soon as i pulled the door panel off it worked again and havnt had any problems with it yet again.im in the middle od doing long tubes on mine right now and im gonna need a tune afterwords so imeither gonna use him or pcm for less..but also my headers are egr and a.i.r. equipped for emissions bs..im just trying to decide whether to run cats or not..

Old 06-02-2011, 08:35 PM   #7

MeanGreenZ28 user's tech expertise is unknown at this point

I just had the same thing happen to me today. The window was working just fine when I put the window down, but when I went to put the window up a few minutes later, nothing happened and now the window is stuck down. I just replaced the window regulator a year ago. The passenger window still works however. I replaced the power window switch and no change. I popped off the door panel and looked at the wiring and everything looks to be connected correctly. I did notice however that when I push down on the driver side button there is a clicking sound coming from under the dashboard. I found this little black box that was making the sound and it had 4 wires going into it. I pulled it off and it stopped making the clicking sound. Is this little black box some sort of relay for the driver window? The passenger window still works fine with this box off. Any help would be appreciated. And if I cant get the power window to work, is there any way to manually pull the window up? I just need to get it in the up position so i don't get anything stolen out of it. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:35 AM   #8
Global Moderator

cocobolo95 Tradesman Level Tech II

The little black box is the express down module, makes the window go all the way down with one touch of window switch. Driver side only. www.shbox.com has all these wonderful mysterious things pictured and their function explained.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:12 AM   #9

MeanGreenZ28 user's tech expertise is unknown at this point

Thanks. The guys at O'Reilly's and Autozone had no idea what it was. I tested the connectors that plug into the window motor and found out that they were working while the motor wasn't. Bought a new motor and now everything works just fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement