LS1LT1 Forum banner

first time at the track!

Discuss 
5K views 33 replies 12 participants last post by  sbottz95lt1 
#1 ·
I took my 95 t/a to the track for the first time and i think it ran fairly decent. My quarter mile time was 14.3 @95mph. I was just wondering if this is a good time for a bone stock lt1 t/a

I also ran my dads 2010 mustang gt 5 speed with cai, axle back exhaust with a bama tuner and he ran a 14 flat at 102. Needs a driver mod :lol: but he still got me in the top end.

#2 ·
That seems about average in fact it probably is good for a first time run

#4 ·
I vote post the video

#5 ·
X2 :popcorn:

#12 ·
congrats man, pretty good considering its a stock 17 year old car vs a 2 year old car with shit done to it. i took my 95 z to the track for the first time last month for my bday and best pass was a 14.4 @98 mph and the only thing i got is a clutch and a 3 inch cat back. bout to have 4.10s lol

#16 ·
How many miles on the car? M6 or A4?

Mph seems off (low) especially in this air at sea level. Could just be the miles on the car though. CAI should really wake it up too.

Now the mods begin! :devil:

#23 ·
Hey man! I have the same EXACT car! Mines a 95 t/a LT1 BONE STOCK as well! I havent had it on the track yet, but just watching that video definatley makes me want to get out there and give it a shot here soon!!!

#24 ·
Hey man! I have the same exact car!!!! Awsome to see what it can do at the track!!!!! GOOD run man!!! I cant keep mine straight like you did, my tires spin like crazy and send me fish tailing up to about 45 then when it goes into 2nd gear it starts spinning some more hahahaha!!!! EXCELLENT RUN!!!

#27 · (Edited)
Good run ! Nice 60 ft with street tires. Thats not a bad time for stock. Mph is 2-3 mph off typical LT1s that I have seen run. I ran 14.3 @ 97 mph stock with a 95 Formula auto and 3.23's at Atlanta Dragway. With a Borla 2 3/4" Y pipe and 3" ORP it went 14.0 @ 99 mph.

With headers and ORP you should be in the high 13's or right at 14 flat enought to take the Mustang. With added cold air induction you will be in the high 13's consistently.

When I did mac midlengths, 3"ORP pipe, Hooker Areo muffler my 93 Firehawk came alive. I also did 160 stat and a tune with PCMforeless but have not run it yet at the strip.

#29 ·
Good run ! Nice 60 ft with street tires. Thats not a bad time for stock. Mph is 2-3 mph off typical LT1s that I have seen run. I ran 14.3 @ 97 mph stock with a 95 Formula auto and 3.23's at Atlanta Dragway. With a Borla 2 3/4" Y pipe and 3" ORP it went 14.0 @ 99 mph.

With headers and ORP you should be in the high 13's or right at 14 flat enought to take the Mustang. With added cold air induction you will be in the high 13's consistently.

When I did mac midlengths, 3"ORP pipe, Hooker Areo muffler my 93 Firehawk came alive. I also did 160 stat and a tune with PCMforeless but have not run it yet at the strip.

thanks for the info! i just ordered my hooker cat back and installed my cai and longtubes and ory will come in a few weeks. :thumbsup:

#32 ·
Nice run man, when you do those headers, go Longtube if you can. I have Hooker L/T's, 3" catless into a 3" inlet aerochamber, and its not as loud as you would percieve, but dont worry, once your on the gas, sounds so sweet, even better then blowmaster do. Even with no tune, your in the 13"s with those headers in my opinion, but you should have it tuned when its all said and done. Have you done any free mods, and with those headers get a Lt4 knock module or resistor mod it 3.9k, some say yay, some say nay, It helped me (resistor mod)

#34 ·
LT4 knock module or resistor mod (diy) 3.9k, from my understanding the LT4 knock sensor was in use with the corvette LT4, some reasons were because the vette came with 1.6 RR and the exhaust was louder, to prevent the ecu from detecting false knock (pulling timing/fuel) which obviously robs power, the updated LT4 was designed to be less sensitive thus the use of those performance parts helped more in an over-all figure then it would with the lt1 very sensetive style km. The resistor mod is just grounding the ks wire to the chasis with the resistor between that wire and a ground to chasis.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.