Discuss first time at the track! - Page 2 - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

Welcome to LS1LT1.com/LS3forums.com - please click here to register...

LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums
Presented by:

New User? Register
LS1 Forums Register Photo Gallery Tech/FAQ Members List Calendar Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
Premium Membership Videos Perf Tools Mobile/iPhone Link to Us! Social Groups Follow LS1LT1 on Twitter

Go Back   LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums > Platform Specific Tech > 4th Gen F-Body

LS1LT1.com is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2012, 10:16 PM   #16
95Z
Admin

95Z Apprentice Level Tech III

How many miles on the car? M6 or A4?

Mph seems off (low) especially in this air at sea level. Could just be the miles on the car though. CAI should really wake it up too.

Now the mods begin!

Yep its slow.

Making the world a warmer place one gallon at a time.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2012, 10:23 PM   #17

1sicks10 user's tech expertise is unknown at this point

95z
Are you asking me or the OP?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-16-2012, 11:26 PM   #18

My Facebook
jmorad user's tech expertise is unknown at this point
Default 95z

the body has 112000 miles and the guy i bought it from had it supercharged aparenty he blew the moter and had a jasper engine with only 10,000miles but i find it hard to believe and i thought the mph was low too.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:27 PM   #19

My Facebook

and its a4
Old 12-17-2012, 08:35 AM   #20

Featherburner Tradesman Level Tech I

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorad View Post
tell me what you think
I think you have a brake light out!

Nice run.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:52 PM   #21

My Facebook
Default featherburner

i know haha i fixed it right after that run and thanks
Old 12-24-2012, 03:06 AM   #22

DUDBIRD113 user's tech expertise is unknown at this point

Haha good old atco. My first time was a 13.5 with only a couple bolt ons.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:15 AM   #23

Workman Apprentice Level Tech I

Hey man! I have the same EXACT car! Mines a 95 t/a LT1 BONE STOCK as well! I havent had it on the track yet, but just watching that video definatley makes me want to get out there and give it a shot here soon!!!
95 Trans am A4 transmission, Flow Master Cat Back, CAT removed, TB bypass, 160 deg thermo, Slp dual CAI , Royal purple rear end fluid, Royal purple Engine oil, Removed spare tire+Jack, rear seats, rear seat belts and buckle rolls, removed head liner and scraped sound deadening, removed carpet, and underhood liner, removed AC . 295/50r/15z rear tires.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #24

Hey man! I have the same exact car!!!! Awsome to see what it can do at the track!!!!! GOOD run man!!! I cant keep mine straight like you did, my tires spin like crazy and send me fish tailing up to about 45 then when it goes into 2nd gear it starts spinning some more hahahaha!!!! EXCELLENT RUN!!!
95 Trans am A4 transmission, Flow Master Cat Back, CAT removed, TB bypass, 160 deg thermo, Slp dual CAI , Royal purple rear end fluid, Royal purple Engine oil, Removed spare tire+Jack, rear seats, rear seat belts and buckle rolls, removed head liner and scraped sound deadening, removed carpet, and underhood liner, removed AC . 295/50r/15z rear tires.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:45 AM   #25

My Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDBIRD113 View Post
Haha good old atco. My first time was a 13.5 with only a couple bolt ons.
nice! my next move is longtube headers ory and hooker aerochamber muffler and cai. maby ill see you in the spring at acto!
Old 12-27-2012, 12:49 AM   #26

My Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workman View Post
Hey man! I have the same exact car!!!! Awsome to see what it can do at the track!!!!! GOOD run man!!! I cant keep mine straight like you did, my tires spin like crazy and send me fish tailing up to about 45 then when it goes into 2nd gear it starts spinning some more hahahaha!!!! EXCELLENT RUN!!!
Thats cool i love this car so much better then my old slowstang . and i staged it up to about 1200 rpm and eased into the throttle so i stayed away from spinning and wheel hop.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:45 PM   #27

1993Hawk user's tech expertise is unknown at this point

Good run ! Nice 60 ft with street tires. Thats not a bad time for stock. Mph is 2-3 mph off typical LT1s that I have seen run. I ran 14.3 @ 97 mph stock with a 95 Formula auto and 3.23's at Atlanta Dragway. With a Borla 2 3/4" Y pipe and 3" ORP it went 14.0 @ 99 mph.

With headers and ORP you should be in the high 13's or right at 14 flat enought to take the Mustang. With added cold air induction you will be in the high 13's consistently.

When I did mac midlengths, 3"ORP pipe, Hooker Areo muffler my 93 Firehawk came alive. I also did 160 stat and a tune with PCMforeless but have not run it yet at the strip.

Last edited by 1993Hawk; 12-28-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #28

Quote:
Thats cool i love this car so much better then my old slowstang . and i staged it up to about 1200 rpm and eased into the throttle so i stayed away from spinning and wheel hop.
NICEEEE dude!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 11:53 PM   #29

My Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993Hawk View Post
Good run ! Nice 60 ft with street tires. Thats not a bad time for stock. Mph is 2-3 mph off typical LT1s that I have seen run. I ran 14.3 @ 97 mph stock with a 95 Formula auto and 3.23's at Atlanta Dragway. With a Borla 2 3/4" Y pipe and 3" ORP it went 14.0 @ 99 mph.

With headers and ORP you should be in the high 13's or right at 14 flat enought to take the Mustang. With added cold air induction you will be in the high 13's consistently.

When I did mac midlengths, 3"ORP pipe, Hooker Areo muffler my 93 Firehawk came alive. I also did 160 stat and a tune with PCMforeless but have not run it yet at the strip.

thanks for the info! i just ordered my hooker cat back and installed my cai and longtubes and ory will come in a few weeks.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #30

1993Hawk user's tech expertise is unknown at this point

Quote:
thanks for the info! i just ordered my hooker cat back and installed my cai and longtubes and ory will come in a few weeks.
Longtubes are a bitch to install but after its all done it will be worth it. I see you are in Jersey. The Atco track is pretty much at see level. Which is one of the faster tracks in the USA. The lower the elevation the faster your car. I ran almost 2 tenths faster at a track 3 hrs away from Atlanta dragway. Atlanta Dragway is 1100 ft above sea level where I ran a best of 14.00 @99 mph with the 95 Formula. Down at Silverdollar 600 ft above seal level I ran 13.85 @ 101 mph.

I am thinking with your Longtubes, cold air you may be at 13.5-13.6 at Atco. I know I said high 13's before but I didnt think about where you are at. So I think mid 13's are a good possibility for you. !!! The mustang will be toast.

I cant wait to run my Firehawk when the track opens up.

Last edited by 1993Hawk; 01-03-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement