Clutch Pedal Squeak M6 - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

Welcome to LS1LT1.com/LS3forums.com - please click here to register...

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Clutch Pedal Squeak M6

Any of you guys have a clutch pedal squeak. I have a tic unit without the springs. Sounds like it is coming from the pivot but I need to take a closer look. I really hate the tic master cylinder for many reasons. Next time I am going stock.

2002 TA/CE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 09:05 AM

check the pedal pivot bushing way up at the top of the clutch pedal. and DEFINITLY check right in the middle top of the clutch pedal where the spring actually sits in (the slot with the plastic insert with part of the spring moving inside) you should see it when you move the pedal by hand. i have a 99 z stock master though and it did squeak horrid. i used some synthtic brake grease on the pivot bushing (one that is on the master cylinder rod that slides onto the clutch pedal) and used some on the spring slot. also sprayed a little WD40 up towards the actually bushings the clutch pedal rotates on.

99 Z28 M6
Blk/Gry lea. SS clone, SS hood, 10 spoke 17's, R.S. gear built Tranzilla T-56, Hays clutch, SLP Flopac CAI, SLP Loudmouth, Bmr LCA's, UMI APHR, Anzo Halo's, Hurst Billit Short throw.
79 Z28 355/Th400
"1/4 mile at a time, thats just fine"
nitrous till it pukes
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

squeak

The springs are removed per tics instructions.

2002 TA/CE
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 07:23 PM

The tick master cylinder has a built in spring to push back the clutch pedal after you depress it?.far out. I was thinking about getting one but not now lol

99 Z28 M6
Blk/Gry lea. SS clone, SS hood, 10 spoke 17's, R.S. gear built Tranzilla T-56, Hays clutch, SLP Flopac CAI, SLP Loudmouth, Bmr LCA's, UMI APHR, Anzo Halo's, Hurst Billit Short throw.
79 Z28 355/Th400
"1/4 mile at a time, thats just fine"
nitrous till it pukes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement