Tire Size Help - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

Welcome to LS1LT1.com/LS3forums.com - please click here to register...

LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums
Presented by:

New User? Register
LS1 Forums Register Photo Gallery Tech/FAQ Members List Calendar Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
Premium Membership Videos Perf Tools Mobile/iPhone Link to Us! Social Groups Follow LS1LT1 on Twitter

Go Back   LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums > Platform Specific Tech > 4th Gen F-Body

LS1LT1.com is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #1

My Facebook
dankipka user's tech expertise is unknown at this point
Default Tire Size Help

I just bought some 17x9.5 and 18x10.5 zo6 replica rims, and i was wondering what tire sizes i should get. I have a 1994 Firebird Formula. Thanks!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 07:01 PM   #2

a70olds user's tech expertise is unknown at this point

2755017 for the front not sure what the aspect for the 18 but the 315 is what i have on mine o the rear
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #3
Runs with scissors

Greed4Speed Tradesman Level Tech I

275/40-17 is the stock 17" size for 4th gens. I have ran 255/40-17 up front also.

Stock diameter is 25.7". Just go on tirerack and see what 18's come in a similar diameter with a width similar to your rear wheels.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:57 AM   #4

daytonablues user's tech expertise is unknown at this point

265 35 18 front, and 285 35 18 rear for no rubbing, I was a tire/wheel tech for 7 years and thats what your supposed to run. you can get away with a 295 or 305 35 in the back but the front you gotta be careful. 255 35 18 if you can find em, but you got 9.5 inch wide wheels so you might be stuck with using a 265 or probably a 275 35 18 front and 295 35 18 rear. 305mm's in the back might rub
"1/4 mile at a time, thats just fine"
nitrous till it pukes
Old 11-28-2012, 12:24 AM   #5

caseycallender user's tech expertise is unknown at this point

I have 285's on the back and they rub accelerating around tight corners.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Moroso,,Trickflow,,MSD,,Flowmaster,,Nitto,,OE Creations,, Manley valves,, Patriot gold extreme springs,,lunati cam,, LE2 heads,, Infinity Kappa component audio,, Kenwood amps,, Alpine deck.. More to come
.................................................. .....
Old 11-28-2012, 12:25 AM   #6

Just FYI. I have a 95 trans am.

Moroso,,Trickflow,,MSD,,Flowmaster,,Nitto,,OE Creations,, Manley valves,, Patriot gold extreme springs,,lunati cam,, LE2 heads,, Infinity Kappa component audio,, Kenwood amps,, Alpine deck.. More to come
Old 11-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #7

bobdec Apprentice Level Tech III

Casy, where are they rubbing, inner wheel well or fender lip ? R U lowered ?? . I'm running 315/35-17's w/10.5 inch American Racing TTm's on the rear. Had to do the BFH mod and bang in about 1/2 inch of wheel well between 9:00 and 12:00 position. Also grind jounce stop bracket so it did not hit the wheel rim when jacking up by frame. I am not lowered and don't have adjustable pan hard bar. My rear is about 3/4 inch off center, left tire extends about 1/2 inch beyond fender lip and right is about 1/4 inside fender. I have about 3 inches of clearance from top of tire to fender, so I added spacer in stop bumpers to prevent tire from touching fender in abnormal conditions. Never actually felt it hitting the stops, but I don't jump off ramps with this car..
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by bobdec; 11-28-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #8

2cat95TA Apprentice Level Tech I

[QUOTE=bobdec;471812]
[IMG][/IMG]

I didn't read hardly anything in this post, but I can tell you this picture caught my attention. I love the tires and exhaust tips

Old 11-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #9

Myn rubs the inside wheel well, it's only around hard corners though. it was like this when I got it but it does seem lower then normal t/a's to me. Nice car btw.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #10

bobdec Apprentice Level Tech III

Thanks, Cat Back is Corsa Corsa Performance Exhaust - CORSA Products Tires are Sumitomo 275/40-17 front 315/35-17 rear . Wheels are American Racing TTM 17X9 front and 17X10.5 rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement