Code 13 need help. - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

Welcome to LS1LT1.com/LS3forums.com - please click here to register...

LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums
Presented by:

New User? Register
LS1 Forums Register Photo Gallery Tech/FAQ Members List Calendar Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
Premium Membership Videos Perf Tools Mobile/iPhone Link to Us! Social Groups Follow LS1LT1 on Twitter

Go Back   LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums > Platform Specific Tech > 4th Gen F-Body

LS1LT1.com is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #1

94TransAm-GT user's tech expertise is unknown at this point
Default Code 13 need help.

I installed long tube headers about two weeks ago along with an ory. I ended up getting the ses light, so I scanned the code and it was code 13 which is open circuit on bank 1 for 02 sensor. I was wondering what exactly that meant. Does it mean i need a new 02 sensor, or is there a leak, or do i just need a tune for my car, which i plan on getting next week. Any help would be appreciated.
94 Trans am GT A4: CAI, intake elbow, 160 thermostat, boxed LCA, full poly bushings, !AC, TB bypass, flowmaster 3in dual exhaust, ory, pacesetter longtube headers, !AIR, !CAT, !EGR, subframe connectors, ZR1 wheels.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 02:50 PM   #2

bobdec Apprentice Level Tech II

Code 13 says your left (drivers) O2 is not switching properly. Could be a bad O2, or a circuit problem with the sensor leads or the two leads to the O2 heater. How did you extend the O2 wires, splicing between the O2 and it's connector will ruin them. You may have a pinched or burnt wire. Swap Os's left to right, reset the pCM (pull fuse or battery for a min or so) that will reset the DTC. If it moves to right it's the O2 otherwise it's wiring on the left side. Here is a schematic ref shbox.com http://shbox.com/1/1995_pcm2.jpg Forgot to add check O2 heater fuse, it feeds them both plus M6 tranny and EVAP, but it's something easy to do. .

Last edited by bobdec; 11-06-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #3

94TransAm-GT user's tech expertise is unknown at this point

I will check all that thanks! I think it's most likely the sensor is bad because I don't see any burnt wires plus I didn't need to use any extensions on the driver side it was able to reach and plug right in plus the ses light comes on occasionally only when I am cruising over 40 and it will shut off once I slow down. My gas mileage is really terrible though and I think some liquid that's used to break rust got into the sensor because the sensor was stuck in the old manifold.
94 Trans am GT A4: CAI, intake elbow, 160 thermostat, boxed LCA, full poly bushings, !AC, TB bypass, flowmaster 3in dual exhaust, ory, pacesetter longtube headers, !AIR, !CAT, !EGR, subframe connectors, ZR1 wheels.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #4

bobdec Apprentice Level Tech II

Agree, the O2 does not like certain chemicals, not sure how PB Blaster or WD-40 types of oils will effect it..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement